Friday, April 20, 2012

spring retreat begins



I'm not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but this weekend the entire IWearYourShirt team is headed to our annual Spring Retreat. Since we all work in different cities, it's a chance to come together and recharge (but mostly just think of ridiculous video ideas and develop inexplicable inside jokes that will be brought up for months to come.) This year we're staying at Hidden Creek Cabins in the Smokey Mountains. I've been looking forward to this trip immensely, partly because I adore the mountains of North Carolina (I grew up driving to North Carolina almost every summer or fall with my family), and partly because we have an amazingly eclectic team that makes me laugh so hard I want to pee my pants.

I do want to make this post short because a) I've been up since 4am (who knows what I'm capable of writing this far into my sleep deprivation) and b) out of complete selfishness because I'm literally plucking away at my keys in the upstairs bedroom of our cabin while everyone is hanging out in the hot tub and playing games downstairs and I have deeply rooted social separation issues which constantly make me feel like I'm missing out on the MOST FUN EVER if I'm isolated from a group. Yes, I know, I should probably seek professional help.

Instead of regale you with tales from my travel day (this would likely consist of my harsh, if not good-humored judgment of people at the airport for their complicated baby-toting apparati and the prevalence of women traveling in 5-inch high heels), I decided I'll just share my favorite photos I took throughout the day of our place and Bryson City, the town nearby.

I have to say that while I spent the afternoon on the porch, eating fresh guacamole, drinking a refreshing Carona and taking in the gorgeous mountain view, it occurred to me just how lucky I am to have the job I do and the freedom to have fun with people that make me laugh.

I'm looking forward to the weekend ahead, and can't wait to give you guys some updates of the hilarity that is sure to ensue - especially because we have a nice little outdoorsy adventure planned tomorrow morning that will no doubt provide me with some fun tales to tell. I'm already developing anxiety, which is a sign of great stories to come.

Hope you're all enjoying your Friday evenings. Talk soon.

Fresh guacamole. Is there anything better?

Find your beach. 

Old railroad car in downtown Bryson City

Happy Jasol.

Slightly ominous sky, but beautiful nonetheless.





Mmmmm... off diet. YUM.
Doesn't do the view justice, but I tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment