Friday, October 12, 2012

interior envy | muses & visionaries


Real space, REAL envy. Prepare to drool over this gloriously girly office space.

After visiting West Palm Beach last week and working from one of the most inspired spaces I've ever seen, I decided I need to start featuring some cool places here on the blog. (Of course it may also have something to do with the fact that I haven't found the time or money yet to turn my studio into a picture-perfect creative haven, so I think distracting you all with photos of other spaces will buy me some time. And hey, maybe it'll inspire me to actually find the time and steal the money. Just kidding about the stealing though, I don't need it. I've got the lottery on lock down. 2013, baby! That's my year!)

But back to the interior at hand. This office space is like stepping into a dream. A friend of mine Sasha works for a company called Muses & Visionaries, which is a coworking space geared toward women. Basically, if you're a female freelancer, small business, or work-from-homer, you can pay a fee to use the space, conference room, resources, etc. My other friend Sierra (check out her blog, Young Alumni) works for a company called Design Aglow and they use M & V as their full-time office space.

I kid you not guys, I'm legitimately trying to convince Jason to let me drive to West Palm like once a month to work there because it's that gorgeous. Everything is so airy and natural with pops of color everywhere. The space is also used as a gallery for one of the coworkers who is an artist, so there are beautiful paintings on every wall. My favorite thing about the place though is the light that pours in from every angle. It makes all the difference when you're trying to be productive and inspired.

If I had it my way, I'd take a sledgehammer to just about every wall in our house, which has like three windows total. (Seriously, what in the WORLD were architects and designers thinking in the early 90's? Weird alcove, check! Terrible finish on the cabinets, check! Fake laminent vanity, check! THREE WINDOWS, check, check, check!)

Anyway, I should have taken more photos but I was too busy actually working. Funny how a cool space makes you actually want to accomplish things. If any of you happen to be in the West Palm area, definitely check this place out. Otherwise, let me know in the comments what you think - I'd love to hear about what kinds of spaces/places inspire you to work! Happy Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment