Wednesday, October 24, 2012

these are my confessions...


Let me start by saying, I'm weird.

I do really weird things that make no sense and my brain doesn't work in the most... efficient... of ways sometimes. (Jas's words, but pretty accurate.)

I've had this idea for a while now where I wanted to share all my glorious eccentricities with you all. After all, you guys that read this have a leg-up on what goes on in this crazy head of mine anyway. I feel it's only right that I reveal to you all just how much of an oddball I really am. So the plan was to do some sort of blog series, but I never got around to it. Until now. (Sort of.)




Over at my day job - IWearYourShirt.com - we've been trying to think of some more fun things that we can do with Pinterest. Our business is service-based rather than retail-based, which can be a bit of a challenge for businesses looking to capitalize on all the inspiration-swapping and product-pinning. However, we recognize that it's still yet another way that we can show our personality and that people can discover our brand.

We were brainstorming a few days ago and thought it could be fun to share silly quotes from one of our team members, Sean. He says ridiculous things all the time and passes them off as his mantras, so we thought that might go a long way in letting people in on what goes on in the office. Especially since sayings and phrases are such a big thing to share on Pinterest, I thought I'd just design a simple graphic with our branding and we could add a pin or two every week. But when I started designing them today,  Jason and I decided we wanted in on the action.

So we created a board on Pinterest where each of us gets to share something a little different. Sean Says  is all about silly stuff that Sean says that exudes his personality. Jason Judges is all about absurdities of life that Jason tends to tweet about and Facebook about... things that we can all relate to but maybe sometimes don't think about. And then there's Carol Confesses.

Now I'm not positive why I signed on to this - I'm probably opening myself up to a WORLD full of judgment - but I figure that's kind of what I do here on the blog anyway. So mine are basically my secret weird tendencies that I'm hoping somebody, somewhere out there can relate to. Things like...

I'm working on it... // Repin it! 

I can't POSSIBLY be alone on this one... // Repin it!

Okay, this is a little personal, but it's so ridiculous that I thought I had to share.  Sadly, this is how hard it is for me to wake up in the morning. This is what it's come to. // Repin it!

And I know these live in a completely different place than anything clumsy crafty happy related, but I thought you guys might want to follow the board in case I share something that you can relate to. I plan to make them as funny and self-revealing as possible for the public's benefit. You can follow our board here and keep an eye out for more Carol Confesses pins. Might even share a few here on the blog. (ps. How weird-slash-cool is it that I have a cartoon version of myself. She freaks me out a little bit, but I've decided we're friends. Done by the very talented, Wes Bernick!)

Meanwhile, feel free to let me know if you're with me on any of the above. Come on, I can't be the only one, right? (Please friends, help me sleep better at night. Tell me I'm not alone!)

7 comments:

  1. Love these and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have to start wearing your glasses more so that you match your cartoon self... #justsayin #glassesclubcohort

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job again and I love the blog!!!! love reading them make my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ironic part is that I wear my glasses every day! It's just that the times I take photos/videos are the few I'm not in them. I promise I'm not trying to hide my four-eyed self!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sasha - everyone's about to find out just how weird I am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I do the same thing... I dig cartoon-Cayroll. Get on with your bad self.

    ReplyDelete