Tuesday, September 11, 2012

loving it lately | au naturel


Yesterday was a LONG, but ridiculously fun day. The highlight for me was probably the food though. (That's right, forget the company. Give this girl a delicious sandwich and a quirky establishment and that's all I remember.)

I actually can't wait to share more pictures of the places we went in Atlanta with you guys. So many cute things I think you'll enjoy. Some of the best food and best ambience I've ever been privy to, seriously. (If you come back tomorrow I might just post a little photo-only post with some of my favorites from the trip. Do stop by, won't you?) Also, if you're interested in all the details of each day of our tour, I'm writing daily recaps over at the IWearYourShirt blog (complete with ample parentheses and my usual scatterbrained writing. You can take the girl out of the clumsycraftyhappy, but you can't take the clumsycraftyhappy out of the girl...)

For now, though, I thought I'd share installment #2 of my "loving it lately" series. (Woohoo people! #2! That's more than just one post in a series. This is what you might call progress.)

The breakfast place we visited yesterday had these beautiful wood crates and birch branches and it reminded me of this trend I'm seeing lately of raw materials: printing on cardboard, unstained or reclaimed wood, distressed concrete etc. I'm just finding myself gravitating toward the more natural look of things lately. I think it pairs so beautifully with black and white (my favorite), and for such a self-proclaimed color lover, I'm actually liking the neutral and peaceful quality to it. Here are just a few of my favorites below.

// What do you think about the whole natural thing? Are you a fan of neutral naturals or do you crave something a bit more refined or colorful? //


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7

No comments:

Post a Comment